Visiting New York’s Central Park
Visiting New York’s Central Park
When we talk about Central Park, without a doubt we are referring to the most famous park in the world. The setting for so many movies, an icon of New York City, it is also the green lung of Manhattan.
When visiting New York, it is one of the unmissable places that also has a lot to know and much better for those who have the opportunity to go in spring or autumn, when the colors of the leaves of the trees are at their maximum splendor and the warmer climate accompanies to carry out multiple activities.
Located in the heart of the island of Manhattan, this spectacular park is rectangular in shape and 4 kilometers long, making it a unique space to escape from the bustle of the city.
One of the best views of Central Park can be achieved by going up to the Top of the Rock, located in the Rockefeller Center or from the terrace of the MET.
Central Park is full of curiosities, some of them are:
– It is not a natural park but was built in 1857 by the architect Calvert Vaux and the agronomist Frederick Law Olmsted, the same people who, a few years later, would design Prospect Park in Brooklyn.
– Due to the great growth of the population in New York, this park arose as a need for an open space to improve the public health of its inhabitants. The idea of the park was sold as “a park for the people” and was meant to be accessible to all. Today, the Central Park Conservancy is a nonprofit organization that manages the park, safeguarding its history, and ensuring that Central Park preserves its design.
– The park is made up of 45 kilometers of paths for pedestrians and 9 for carriages, more than 10 bridges, 51 statues, more than four million trees, shrubs and plants of around 1,500 species. It is currently 4 kilometers long by 800 kilometers wide and extends from 59th to 110th streets, being larger than the entire Principality of Monaco.
– It is visited every year by more than 40 million people and has a mobile application that allows you to see all the available activities and points of interest.
– The heart of the park is the Bethesda Fountain, which commemorates the arrival of drinking water in New York in 1842. Also, this statue was built by Emma Stebbins, the first woman to make a public monument in New York. Undoubtedly, it is the most emblematic monument of the park and was the setting for many series and movies.
There are multiple activities to do in the park. Some of the must-see sites are:
– Strawbery Fields: This corner of the park is dedicated to John Lennon. It is a mosaic with the word Imagine, which was donated by the city of Naples to remember the member of the Beatles. It is located right in front of the Dakota building, where the artist lived with Yoko Ono and where, on December 8, 1980, he was assassinated. This place is the meeting point for Lennon’s fans, and it is common to go there and listen to his music.
– Belvedere Castle: It is one of the five information points of Central Park. It was built in 1869 as a replica of a Scottish castle and since 1912 it has also been the headquarters of the New York Meteorological Observatory.
– Shakespeare Garden: it is located close to Belvedere Castle and is one of the most beautiful gardens in the park, especially if you are lucky enough to see it in spring.
– Statue of Alice in Wonderland: In this sculpture you can see Alice sitting next to the Cheshire Cat, the Mad Hatter and the March Hare.
– Carrousel: It is one of the main attractions since 1871 and has 57 little horses. A ride on the Central Park carousel costs $3 for both children and adults. From April to October, it opens every day from 10am to 6pm. During the winter months, its operation depends on the weather conditions. Very close, to the south, you can see an area with baseball fields and other outdoor sports.
– Zoo: It was opened in 1860 as a reserve for wild animals, becoming the first zoo in New York. Although it is small (2.6 hectares) it is full of fun. There you can find white leopards, grizzly bears, red pandas, lemurs, penguins, sea lions, etc.
– Sheep Meadow and Great Lawn: They are two huge grassy areas and always full of New Yorkers and tourists. It is the ideal place to unfold the tablecloth and set up a picnic, one of the favorite activities to do in the park.
We have the unbeatable price of $500 per day for your Billboard:
Option 1: Your 60 second video/photo will be shown, 60 seconds per hour 22 times a day.
Option 2: Your 30 second video/photo will be shown, twice an hour, 44 times a day.
Option 3: Your 15 second video/photo will be shown 4 times per hour 88 times per day.
Please let us know which option you would like to choose. Remember that we have a response time of 72 hours.
Visitando New York’s Central Park
Tenemos el precio imbatible de $500 por día para tu Billboard:
Opción 1: Se mostrará su video/foto de 60 segundos, 60 segundos por hora 22 veces al día.
Opción 2: se mostrará su video/foto de 30 segundos, dos veces por hora, 44 veces por día.
Opción 3: Se mostrará su video/foto de 15 segundos, 4 veces por hora 88 veces por día.
Por favor, háganos saber qué opción le gustaría elegir. Recuerde que tenemos un tiempo de respuesta de 72 horas.