Visiting New York City with Kids
Visiting New York City with Kids
New York City has many places of interest and is the perfect destination to indulge in countless unforgettable experiences.
You can visit New York for a business trip, vacation, or tourism, alone or accompanied, either with friends or family, the truth is that it is a city for all ages.
From seeing its iconic yellow taxis, its impressive skyscrapers, the traditional carts to buy hot dogs, its large parks within the city, to the corners seen in many movies, these are just a few examples of everything that surprises in the Big Apple.
However, its large size and the frenetic activity of the city can be somewhat overwhelming for people who visit it for the first time and even more so if you are traveling with children.
Mentioned below are a series of recommendations and tips to keep in mind so that the family trip is a success.
Travel by subway
Children who are less than 1.11 cm (44 inches) tall travel for free on the subway, which is already a great advantage when planning trips. In the case of adults, it is recommended to get a 1-week unlimited Metrocard, with which you can get on and off as many times as you need.
It is advisable to take strollers, since in New York you have to walk a lot and children tend to get tired quickly. A good option is an umbrella type (umbrella stroller).
If you are traveling with babies or very young children, the ideal is to stay in an apartment because hotel rooms are usually tiny. In addition, another advantage is being able to have breakfast and dinner at home, this will not only be a great saving, but it is easier to prepare meals suitable for children and in a relaxed environment. If you prefer a hotel, some hotels recommended for traveling with children or babies are:
– The Beacon Hotel (Upper West Side),
-Novotel Times Square
– Omni Berkshire Place (Midtown East)
-Hilton Times Square
– Hotel Gansevoort (Meatpacking District)
– Lotte New York Palace (Midtown East)
-Row NYC (Times Square)
-TRYP by Wyndham Times Square
Where to Stay
The most desirable and family-friendly neighborhoods in Manhattan are the Upper West Side, the Upper East Side, Battery Park City and Gramercy.
In the Brooklyn area, the Cobble Hill, Greenpoint, Carrol Gardens and Park Slope areas are suggested.
In Queens, the Long Island City neighborhood has fantastic riverside playgrounds, supermarkets, and a great family atmosphere.
Always carry a snack
It is recommended to always carry a snack such as fruit, cookies, or nuts.
There are some very typical snacks that children usually eat and can be found in any supermarket, these are crackers, raisins, cheerios, and apple sauce. It is also important to bring a bottle of water that can be refilled. Something to note is that in New York City, tap water is completely drinkable.
The age from which children pay in museums and attractions in New York depends on each place. Some museums offer free admission to children under 2 or 3 years of age, and some attractions, such as the Top of the Rock or the Empire State, are free up to 5 years of age.
New York tourist cards have a cheaper version for children, but only from 3, 4 or 6 years old (depending on the card).
Some recommended activities:
– Central Park: Being the natural center of the city, it is the ideal place to take children to relax, rest, enjoy nature and even take a boat ride. It also has its famous carousel in which children and adults have a lot of fun. Another family favorite is the Alice in Wonderland monument where children can discover all the hidden places and discover new adventures.
The truth is that in Central Park there are 21 different playgrounds, where you can enjoy with the whole family.
– Dylan’s Candy Bar: It is a candy store that takes the family to the world of fantasy. From huge chocolate rabbits, giant-colored lollipops, ladders made of caramel, and much more. It is a must
– American Museum of Natural History: It is a very fun museum for children, especially the section on dinosaurs, which is one of the favourites. Also in the Discovery Room, the little ones can play at being archaeologists and unearth the skeleton of a dinosaur.
– The Children’s Museum in Manhattan: It is a place to learn while they play and there is no room for boredom. There children can explore, touch, or play without language barriers.
Undoubtedly, if you travel to New York as a family, there is nothing to worry about, as there are many attractions to visit and enjoy together to the fullest.
We have the unbeatable price of $500 per day for your Billboard:
Option 1: Your 60 second video/photo will be shown, 60 seconds per hour 22 times a day.
Option 2: Your 30 second video/photo will be shown, twice an hour, 44 times a day.
Option 3: Your 15 second video/photo will be shown 4 times per hour 88 times per day.
Please let us know which option you would like to choose. Remember that we have a response time of 72 hours.
Visitar Nueva York con niños
Tenemos el precio imbatible de $500 por día para tu Billboard:
Opción 1: Se mostrará su video/foto de 60 segundos, 60 segundos por hora 22 veces al día.
Opción 2: se mostrará su video/foto de 30 segundos, dos veces por hora, 44 veces por día.
Opción 3: Se mostrará su video/foto de 15 segundos, 4 veces por hora 88 veces por día.
Por favor, háganos saber qué opción le gustaría elegir. Recuerde que tenemos un tiempo de respuesta de 72 horas.